On Wednesday, May 24th, 2017, Kait-Lynn Gooch attended a presentation hosted by Newbie Media Marketing & Design and Javed S. Khan. This workshop addressed the Social platform LinkedIn, and Javed went through the features and functions of the platform, how to create a profile, the importance of LinkedIn, and how to use it as a professional. Javed also gave wonderful examples of the common mistakes that people make on LinkedIn and how to avoid them. NEOnet is proud to have hosted a presentation with Javed in 2016 and hopes to have the opportunity to partner with him again in the future.
Some of the common mistakes that Javed highlighted were simple mistakes, such as using the pre-written message when you make a connection and that using a personal message while making a connection is more professional and interpersonal. Another point he made with high importance that while commenting or sharing a post it is important to use the persons’ and business name as much as possible. It would relay back to them and be more engaging.
Other tips included were;
- Keep your information current and up-to-date
- Plan a few moments ever so often to verify your information or to update information
- Use a profile photo
- Use LinkedIn to make connection, and not like Facebook, use it for professional posts
- Use the header space for what you do, not your job title
- Keep up-to-date with LinkedIn