Program Coordinators, Seniors Digital Literacy 2-Year Contract Position (Full Time)
The Seniors Digital Literacy Coordinators (2) will develop digital literacy curriculum to be used to facilitate workshops and utilized by volunteers for one-on-one and peer training material for use for education of seniors. Responsibilities will also consist of connecting with organizations throughout the region that offer support to seniors: libraries, senior centers, residences, first nations organizations, among others, including 11 previous communities that participated in NEOnet seniors’ programs in order to form partnerships for the delivery of this new program.
80% Program Development and Coordination
- Develop curriculum, facilitate, train and oversee a volunteer pool within each community being serviced by the project – includes the scheduling of participant training conducted by the volunteers
- Procurement coordination of equipment required for the project i.e. mobile computing devices (Apple iPads, Android/Windows tablets), presentation equipment and material, among others
- Oversee equipment assignments and sign-outs and any required maintenance, repairs or replacements needed over the course of the program
- Development and adaptation of training materials to be used in the Seniors Digital Literacy program within the region
- Conduct periodic information sessions throughout the region
- Organize, document and manage effective committee meetings in the context of achieving NEOnet program and organizational objectives
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing materials and promotional program campaigns throughout the region
- Effectively use information and project management tools such as Gantt charts, spreadsheets and critical path scenarios
- With the ICT Projects Coordinator, develop strategic plans for the sustainability of the Seniors Digital Literacy program
- Facilitate awareness and expansion of the program throughout the NEOnet catchment area
15% Administrative Duties
- Assist in the preparation of periodic claims and program status updates and reports
- Assist in the completion of performance and final project reports
5% Other Duties as Required
- Provide support to NEOnet staff with general administration and ICT support as required
Education and Training
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in education, computer science, business, sociology, community development, a related field or related work experience
- Formal training in project management, computers, telecommunications, and/or
education would be an asset
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Ability to train others – of all ages
- Ability to plan, manage and direct activities
- Superior research skills
- Superior interpersonal and written communications skills (work plans, educational materials, newsletters, reports, written correspondence, press releases, website posts)
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- Proficient in the use of mobile devices such as Tablets (Apple iPad, Android-based), Smartphones and portable computers and related apps
- Proficiency, spoken and written, in both official languages is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Working hours are generally Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break
- The position requires that the coordinator spend prolonged periods of time seated at a desk, using a computer; Travel through the region will be required
Competitive salary and health benefits commensurate to applicant experience and skill-set. This is a contract position for the duration of the Seniors Digital Literacy program.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 30, 4:00 pm
Please Submit Application in PDF Format to: HR@neonet.on.ca, Attention: Paul Ouimette, Director of Operations
We thank all applicants and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.