On our quest to promote NEOnet and strengthen our partnerships we attended The Ontario Centre’s of Excellence Discovery Conference in Toronto.
The conference brings together the best of innovation and cutting edge technology in Ontario. While there we had the opportunity to be present and hear remarks from
- Honourable Kathleen Wynne
- Keynote address from JB Straubel – Co-founder and CTO, Tesla Motors
- Paul Bunje – Principle scientist, Carbon X Prize
- Robin Chase Co-Founder, Zip Car and Kijiji
We also had the opportunity to attend a panel called“The World of 5G: Full Speed Ahead on Next Gen Wireless Networks.”
As NEOnet works in collaboration with partners to establish a Regional Innovation Centre, we are creating and strengthening strategic alliances and partnerships that will support our future programming.
In attendance were
- Paul Ouimette – NEOnet Inc.
- Ana Blouin – PIC
- Marc Rodrigue – Northern College Entrepreneurship Centre
- Amy McKillip – Manager of Applied Research, Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Northern College.
Leveraging our links with these community support organisations enables us to better respond to community needs.
Supporting innovation and entrepreneurship is one of the ways that NEOnet promotes economic growth, market innovation, and job creation in Northeastern Ontario.